The Get Engaged program is an innovative program from the City of Seattle and the Metrocenter YMCA. We place emerging leaders ages 18-29 on 15 different public Boards and Commissions each year and support their development of leadership competencies.
To apply for the 2013 – 2014 Get Engaged program, please complete our application by clicking here.
INFORMATION SESSION with current Get Engaged board members:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend.
May 13, 2013 6:00-7:30 @ Metrocenter YMCA
Triangle Art Gallery
909 Fourth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
Get Engaged is now accepting applications for the following City of Seattle Boards and Commissions:
- Seattle Arts Commission
- Seattle Bicycle Advisory Board
- Citizen’s Telecommunications and Technology Advisory Board
- Commission for People with Disabilities
- Seattle Design Commission
- Design Review Boards
- Seattle Human Rights Commission
- Landmarks Preservation Board
- Seattle LGBT Commission
- Seattle Board of Parks Commissioners
- Seattle Pedestrian Advisory Board
- Pioneer Square Preservation Board
- Seattle Center Advisory Commission
- Seattle Women’s Commission
APPLICATION CYCLE for Get Engaged 2013-2014
May 13, 2013 at 6pm: Information session with current Get Engaged board members @ Metrocenter YMCA Triangle Art Gallery. Please email email@example.com if you plan to attend.
May 19, 2013 at 5 PM: EXTENDED APPLICATION DEADLINE
May 14, 2013 at 5 PM: Application deadline
June 2013- July 2013: Applicant interviews
August 2013: Get Engaged members are selected for the 2013-2014 class
September 2013- August 2014: Get Engaged members serve their 1-year term of public service and participate in program meetings and activities
September 2014 and beyond: Many of our alumni go on to serve an additional 2-year term (or more) with their Boards/Commissions.